Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Haiku


In honor of Christmas, I'd like to present a set of haiku telling the story of the birth of Jesus from the perspective of all the major characters (and one inanimate object). Enjoy, and Merry Christmas!

Gabriel:
Mary, I have news:
The Messiah is coming.
He’s in your belly.

Mary:
Baby with no dad?
That was not covered in my
Biology class.

Joseph:
This is not my kid.
What’s that? He’s the Son of God?
OK, I’ll keep him.

Elizabeth:
Wow! My unborn son
Recognized your unborn son!
He must be psychic.

Shepherds:
What’s that up there? Aaah!
Angel army in the sky!
Good, they come in peace.

Angels:
Hey there, shepherd dudes.
Sheep are overrated. Go
See the Lamb of God.

Star:
Wise guys, look up here!
A great king is born tonight.
Hurry, don’t be late.

Herod:
When you find this king,
Tell me so that I can kill–
I mean worship – him.

Magi:
We have brought you gifts
To fill up his college fund
And make him smell good.

2 comments: