Sunday, December 22, 2013

I'm Dreaming of a Wet Christmas

I grew up in Connecticut and went to Michigan for Christmas most years. For those of you who aren't from America, those are both in the northern part of the country, and they get very cold, which means I'm used to white Christmases. In contrast, it pretty much never snows in Taiwan, except on some very tall mountains. It rains a lot, though, especially in the winter. As such, I think a certain classic Christmas song needs new words for people on this subtropical island to sing:

Wet Christmas
I'm dreaming of a wet Christmas
Just like the ones I used to know
Where the raindrops glisten
And children listen
To hear scooters on the road
I'm dreaming of a wet Christmas
With every Christmas card I get
So be merry, but don't forget
Your umbrella or you will be wet

No comments:

Post a Comment